Wine’s 2011 Value Awards
COMPETITION RULES AND ENTRY CRITERIA
Best value-for-money wines at R60 or less per 750ml
NO FAXED ENTRY FORMS OR DOCUMENTS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
INCOMPLETE ENTRIES WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
1. Competition open to any/all South African wines readily available and selling to the public at R60 or less (incl VAT) per 750ml or equivalent price/volume ratio (bottle, jug, box, etc).
2. Judging to take place in August; results to be published end-October 2011. Entries must be available for purchase by consumers in South Africa at R60 or less per 750ml including VAT – either ex-cellar or from wine shops, liquor stores or supermarkets – when the competition results are announced end-October 2011.
3. There is no limit to the number of entries per winery – please copy and paste additional entry forms.
4. The closing date for the submission of entry forms and payment of entry fees (or submission of proof of payment): Thursday 30 June 2011. It has been decided to accept e-mailed electronic entry documents. Please e-mail your entry documents to: email@example.com.
5. As electronic documents cannot be signed please note: a typed name will be considered as a signature and that the winery accepts the rules of the competition.
6. Confirmation of receipt of the entry documents is the wineries responsibility. Please call (021) 530-3145
Entry Documents: Closing date for documents: 30 June 2011
1. An entry form (see attached), completed in full. All electronic entry forms will be considered signed by the sender.
2. Electronic front labels of the wine MUST accompany ALL entries.
3. Proof of payment of entry fee – payable to WINE magazine. Banking details for direct deposits: Account name: WINE magazine; Account number: 073051209; Branch code 036309; Bank: Standard Bank Pinelands; Reference: Value Awards. R250.00 (incl VAT) per entry
4. All queries and invoice requests to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Invoices will be issued upon request – please send the following details: Company name, Postal address and VAT number. Invoice requests must done timeously as no invoices will be processed after the closing date.
Wine Deliveries: 25 & 26 July ONLY
1. 4 x labelled bottles or boxes of the wine for judging purposes.
2. Each entry to be submitted separately, e.g. four bottles per carton.
Delivery dates and address for wine submissions:
1. Monday 25 July and Tuesday 26 July 2011 between 10:00 and 15:00 only. (Wines delivered on any other day will not be accepted).
2. Wines to be delivered to Wine magazine c/o Pearl Valley Golf Estate, R301, Wemmershoek Road, Franschhoek 7690 Tel 021 867 8000
DUE TO TIME RESTRAINT PLEASE ENSURE THAT THE CORRECT WINE IS DELIVERED
AS THIS CANNOT BE RECTIFIED LATER.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
CATEGORIES / CLASSES
NB: wines should be entered in their correct classes as each are judged in the category specified by the entrant
White Wine (non-dessert):
1 Dry white blends
3 Sauvignon Blanc
4 Chenin Blanc
9 Other white varieties
Rosé, Blanc de Noir
12. Blanc de Noir
13. Blend of two or more Bordeaux varieties only (Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc, Petit Verdot, Malbec)
14. Other red blends
15. Cabernet Sauvignon
19. Ruby Cabernet
20. Other red varieties
21. White Muscat
22. Red Muscat
23. Red Jerepico
24. White Jerepico (Hanepoot)
25. Ruby Port
26. Tawny Port
27. LBV Port
28. Vintage/Vintage Reserve Port
Unfortified Dessert Wine
31. Late Harvest
32. Special Late Harvest
33. Natural Sweet
38. Bottle fermented
39. Other sparkling
ENQUIRIES to Celia Gilloway at Tel (021) 530-3145, E-mail email@example.com
Tagged Entry Kit