- Wines must be certified as South African. All red blends OTHER THAN those made in the Bordeaux style will be accepted, Bordeaux-style defined as wines made from two or more of the following varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot, with all other varieties excluded.
- Wines must be specifically labelled as blends (no wines labelled as single variety but containing a fraction of other varieties allowed).
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- In the event a wine rates well, 6 bottles must be supplied for free to be served at the awards function on 27 July. A further 8 bottles must be available for the public tasting event in Cape Town and again in Johannesburg (16 in total) and these must also be supplied for free. Wines not opened will be returned.
An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank between 08h30 and 15h00 on 7 July. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Important dates to remember:
- Entries open: 13 June 2016
- Entries close: 6 July 2016
- Delivery of wine samples: 7 July 2016
- Judging: 11 and 12 July 2016
- Award ceremony and publication of the results: 27 July 2016
- Cape Town Public Tasting: 17 August 2016
- Johannesburg Public Tasting: 18 August 2016
Please note that Entries are now closed