1. Wines must be certified as South African. All red blends OTHER THAN those made in the Bordeaux style will be accepted, Bordeaux-style defined as wines made from two or more of the following varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot, with all other varieties excluded.
2. Wines must be specifically labelled as blends (no wines labelled as single variety but containing a fraction of other varieties allowed).
3. Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
4. In the event a wine rates well, 6 bottles must be supplied for free to be served at the awards function on 2 August.
5. An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on 6 July. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.