Two Dogs, a Peacock & a Horse Sauvignon Blanc 2013

October 22, 2013

One for the animal lovers.

One for the animal lovers.

Black Elephant Vintners is new wine company based in Franschhoek with Kevin Swart, a former Johanesburg-based stockbroker, as managing director and Jacques Wentzel, previously of Amistad Wine Company, as winemaker.

A wide range of wines which would normally get covered in a single post but the packaging is so fresh and interesting that each wine deserves its own write-up.

Two Dogs, a Peacock & a Horse Sauvignon Blanc 2013
Price: R75
From various Franschhoek vineyards. Includes 5% barrel fermented, Sauvignon Blanc and 5% old-vine Semillon. Wide range of flavour from lime through white peach to granadilla. Well rounded with concentrated fruit and a nice line of acidity.

Score: 88/100.

Tagged , , ,

1. Peter ThornhillOctober 21, 2016 at 3:33 pmReply

Where can I buy your wine?

• ChristianOctober 24, 2016 at 5:03 pmReplyAuthor

Hi Peter, Phone number for Black Elephant Vintners: 021 876 2903.

2. ELIZEMarch 25, 2016 at 8:33 amReply

fantastic wine.had two bottles in port alfred would love to order some wine through the post

3. BonganiJanuary 21, 2016 at 6:51 pmReply

Guys, I love two dogs…I recently visited Franchhoek and happened to eat at Foliage…I ordered a glass and the following day took few bottles with me to Joburg…I am in love with the wine…Bongani

4. PierreDecember 25, 2015 at 12:30 pmReply

Brilliant wine, the label caught my eye an then the wine surpassed all expectations.

5. Sean HarrisonFebruary 20, 2014 at 8:16 amReply

Thanks Christian, glad you like the packaging! Only seen this now, hope you are well.

Sean