RULES AND ENTRY FORM
Important dates to remember:
- Entries open: 22 January
- Entries close: 7 February
- Delivery of wine samples: 8 February
- Publication of the results: 27 February
- Wines must be certified as South African. Only single-variety wines are eligible – a wine entered in a particular class of variety must contain at least 85% of that variety. See different classes of entry below.
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 50 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town on Thursday 8 February between 08h30 and 15h00. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Classes of entry
Minimum stock requirement: 300 bottles. Please include the number of the relevant class on your entry form.
3. White Rhône varieties such as Grenache Blanc, Marsanne or Roussanne but NOT Viognier
5. Other white varieties including but not limited to Albarino, Bukettraube, Gewürztraminer, Grüner Veltliner, Palomino, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Sylvaner and Verdelho
Minimum stock requirement: 300 bottles.Please include the number of the relevant class on your entry form.
9. Cabernet Franc
11. Petit Verdot
16. Tinta Barocca
17. Touriga Nacional
18. Other red varieties including but not limited to Carignan, Durif/Petite Sirah, Gamay, Nero d’Avola, Tannat, Souzão and Zinfandel
An entry fee of R750 per wine applies and you will be directed to our online shop to make payment after you have completed the form below. Please note that if you want to enter multiple wines, each will require a separate entry form although payment can be made all at once.
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.