Important dates to remember:
- Entries open: 20 April
- Entries close: 10 May
- Delivery of wine samples: 11 May
- Award ceremony and publication of the results: Early June
- Wines must be certified as South African. Only Bordeaux-style red blends will be accepted, with the style defined as wines made from two or more of the following varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot (NO OTHER VARIETIES PERMITTED).
- Wines must be specifically labelled as blends (no wines labelled as single variety but containing a fraction of the others allowed).
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- In the event a wine rates well, 6 bottles must be supplied for free to be served at the awards function in June.
An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Thursday 11 May. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
To join our producers mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.