Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon Blend/Wooded Sauvignon Blanc Report 2017: Entry Form
Important dates to remember:
- Entries opena 18 July
- Entries close: 2 August
- Delivery of wine samples: 3 August
- Award ceremony and publication of the results: 30 August
- Wines must be certified as South African.
- There are two sub-classes of entry: A) wines specifically labelled as blends and B) wines labelled as single-variety Sauvignon Blanc, barrels used at some point during vinification and permitted to contain up to 15% Semillon in line with official legislation.
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- In the event a wine rates well, 6 bottles must be supplied for free to be served at the awards function in August.
An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a fact sheet with technical analysis. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Thursday 3 August. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
The producer of the wine judged best overall will win a new 225-litre Sylvain Blanc barrel worth €805 (equivalent to R12800 at the current exchange rate) from Tonnellerie Sylvain.
To find out more about this cooperage, call Jean Daneel on 0825532101 or send an email to email@example.com