Prescient Cape Bordeaux Red Blend Report 2023: Rules and entry form
- Wines must be certified as South African. Only Bordeaux-style red blends will be accepted, with the style defined as wines made from two or more of the following varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc, Malbec, Merlot and Petit Verdot (NO OTHER VARIETIES PERMITTED).
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- Entries close Thursday 10 August.
- An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Friday 11 August. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- In the event a wine achieves Top 10 status, 18 bottles must be set aside at no charge, these to be served at promotional events.
An entry fee of R1250 including VAT per wine applies and you will be directed to our online shop to make payment after you have completed the entry form below. Please note that if you want to enter multiple wines, each will require a separate form although payment can be made all at once.
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.