Prescient Minority Report 2020: Rules and entry form
- Wines must contain a minimum of 85% of the variety as depicted on the label and be certified as South African.
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 50 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- Entries close Wednesday 21 October.
- An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Thursday 22 October. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- In the event a wine achieves Top 10 status and is therefore in the running for best in category, 36 bottles must be set aside and potentially supplied for free, these to be served at an end-of-year showcase event. Should Coronavirus continue to prevent public gatherings and travel, this stipulation will not be enforced.
- There are various categories of entry. Please include the number of the relevant category on your entry form:
3. White Rhône varieties such as Grenache Blanc, Marsanne or Roussanne but NOT Viognier
5. Other white varieties including but not limited to Albarino, Bukettraube, Gewürztraminer, Grüner Veltliner, Palomino, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Sylvaner and Verdelho
9. Cabernet Franc
11. Petit Verdot
16. Tinta Barocca
17. Touriga Nacional
18. Other red varieties including but not limited to Carignan, Durif/Petite Sirah, Gamay, Nero d’Avola, Tannat, Souzão and Zinfandel
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.