Prescient Minority Report 2023: Rules and entry form
- Wines must contain a minimum of 85% of the variety as depicted on the label and be certified as South African.
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 50 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- Entries close Wednesday 22 March.
- An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Thursday 23 March. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- In the event a wine achieves Top 10 status, 18 bottles must be set aside at no charge, these to be served at promotional events.
- There are various categories of entry. Please include the number of the relevant category on your entry form:
3. White Rhône varieties such as Grenache Blanc, Marsanne or Roussanne but NOT Viognier
5. Other white varieties including but not limited to Albarino, Bukettraube, Gewürztraminer, Grüner Veltliner, Muscat d’Alexandrie, Palomino, Pinot Blanc, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Sylvaner, Verdelho and Vermentino
6. Pinot Noir
10. Cabernet Franc
12. Petit Verdot
17. Tinta Barocca
18. Touriga Nacional
19. Other red varieties including but not limited to Carignan, Durif/Petite Sirah, Gamay, Nero d’Avola, Ruby Cabernet, Tannat, and Zinfandel
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.