A snapshot of the Winemag.co.za user in 2019
By Christian Eedes, 20 February 2019
The first ever Winemag.co.za user poll was conducted via Surveymonkey.com from 28 January to 15 February. We had 534 responses with an 86% completion rate, this relative to an average of 22 975 total users per month in the fourth quarter of last year according to Google Analytics.
Here’s what we found out about you:
- 62% male and 38% female
- 54% are between ages 30 to 49, 14% are under 30 and 32% are 50 or over
- 85% are white, 5% black, 4% coloured, 1.5% Indian and 4.5% preferred not to say
- 60% live in the Western Cape, 20% Gauteng, 13% Rest of South Africa, 7% Rest of World
This contrasts with Google Analytics which indicates that 62% of users are from South Africa and 38% are from Rest of the World.
- 63% are married
- 47% have children
Education and income
- 65% have a degree
- 39% have a gross household income of over R60 000/month (16% preferred not to say)
- 30% work in the wine industry and 70% do not
Finally, you seem to be highly involved in the subject of wine, with 68% of you saying that you visit the site once a week, more than once a week or even daily!
For preferred wine styles, click here.