Prescient Sauvignon Blanc Report 2020: Rules and entry form
- Wines must be certified as South African.
- Wines entered must be current release or soon to be released (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- Entries close Wednesday 9 September.
- An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Thursday 10 September. LATE SUBMISSIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- In the event a wine rates well and achieves Top 10 status, 36 bottles must be supplied for free, these to be served at a gala dinner in October plus roadshow tastings in both Johannesburg and London in November.
- There are three categories of entry. Please include the number of the relevant category on your entry form:
- Unwooded Sauvignon Blanc
- Wooded Sauvignon Blanc – wines labelled as single-variety Sauvignon Blanc, barrels used at some point during vinification and permitted to contain up to 15% Semillon in line with official legislation
- Sauvignon Blanc-Semillon Blends – wines specifically labelled as blends
An entry fee of R950 including VAT per wine applies and you will be directed to our online shop to make payment after you have completed the form below. Please note that if you want to enter multiple wines, each will require a separate form although payment can be made all at once.
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.