Prescient Pinot Noir Report 2020: Rules and entry form
- Wines must contain a minimum of 85% Pinot Noir and be certified as South African.
- Wines entered must be commercially available (minimum stock requirement: 100 x 6 bottles). Producers may enter as many different wines as they see fit.
- Entries close Wednesday 19 August.
- An entry sample takes the form of two bottles plus the entry form and a technical analysis sheet. Samples must be delivered to 44 Liesbeek Road, Rosebank, Cape Town between 08h30 and 15h00 on Thursday 20 August. In light of Coronavirus regulations, the following letter of explanation is available for download: Samples in transit- not for sale or dispensing
- In the event a wine achieves Top 10 status and is therefore in the running for best in category, 36 bottles must be set aside and potentially supplied for free, these to be served at a gala dinner plus roadshow tastings in both Johannesburg and London towards the end of the year. Should Coronavirus continue to prevent public gatherings and travel, this stipulation will not be enforced.
An entry fee of R950 including VAT per wine applies and you will be directed to our online shop to make payment after you have completed the entry form below. Please note that if you want to enter multiple wines, each will require a separate form although payment can be made all at once.
To join our producers’ mailing list for updates on competitions, click here.