Boschkloof Epilogue Syrah 2019

By , 28 May 2021

Fans of the single-vineyard Epilogue Syrah from Polkadraai Hills property Epilogue Syrah won’t be disappointed in the recently released 2019 vintage as it has that same refined and sophisticated feel of its predecessors – polished but not too polished.

Vinification involved 50% whole-bunch fermentation, while 25% was matured in new 400-litre oak barrels and the remaining 75% in concrete egg. Initially, it shows black berries, earth, cracked pepper and spice but with time in the glass, red fruit and floral perfume become evident, too. Alcohol is 14% and the palate has no shortage of heft. Good fruit definition, lemon-like acidity and tannins that are grippy but not too aggressive. Price: R795 a bottle.

CE’s rating: 95/100.

Check out our South African wine ratings database.

Help us out. If you’d like to show a little love for independent media, we’d greatly appreciate it. To make a financial contribution, click here. Invoice available upon request – contact info@winemag.co.za

Comments

0 comment(s)

Please read our Comments Policy here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Like our content?

Show your support.

Contribute