Recipe: Roasted guavas with cinnamon sugar
By Christian Eedes, 27 August 2020
These roasted guavas are great for a weekend brunch. Best enjoyed with your favourite muesli and some plain yoghurt.
This recipe serves 4 people.
Roasted guava recipe ingredients
- 4 guavas, washed and halved
- 1 tsp (5ml) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15ml) castor sugar
- 2 tsp (10ml) butter
- 1 cup (250ml) fat free plain yoghurt
- zest of 1 orange
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (250ml) muesli
- honey for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place halved guavas, flesh side up, on a baking tray and dust lightly with the cinnamon and sugar.
- Place a tiny knob of butter on each guava and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes or until soft and lightly caramelised. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Place the yoghurt into a glass bowl and add the orange and lemon zest. Add a squeeze of honey if needed.
Serve warm topped with a spoonful of muesli and a dollop of zesty yoghurt on the side.
Garnish with a swirl of honey and enjoy.
This dish will pair well with a red muscadel or a tawny port.